Last updated on September 29, 2023
Dolmen is a pain killer from the group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Uses and active ingredients
It is used for short term symptomatic treatment of mild to moderate acute pain, such as acute muscular pain or joint pain, painful periods (dysmenorrhoea), toothache.
Dolmen may hide signs of infections such as fever and pain. It is therefore possible that Dolmen may
delay appropriate treatment of infection, which may lead to an increased risk of complications. This
has been observed in pneumonia caused by bacteria and bacterial skin infections related to
chickenpox. If you take this medicine while you have an infection and your symptoms of the infection
persist or worsen, consult a doctor without delay. During chicken pox it is advisable to avoid use of this medicine.
Composition. The active substance is dexketoprofen (as dexketoprofen trometamol). Each film-coated tablets contains 25 mg of dexketoprofen. The other ingredients are:
Tablet core: maize starch, microcrystalline cellulose, sodium starch glycollate, glycerol distearate.
Thin polymer coating: dry varnish (consisting of hypromellose, titanium dioxide, macrogol 6000,
Method of Administration
The lowest effective dose should be used for the shortest duration necessary to relieve symptoms.The recommended dose is generally 1 tablet (25 mg) every 8 hours, with no more than 3 tablets daily
Consult your doctor in case after 3-4 days have passed and you are not feeling better or feeling worse.
Your doctor will tell you how many tablets you must take daily, and for how long. The dose of Dolmen
that you need depends on the type, severity and duration of your pain.
If you are elderly, or if you suffer from kidney or liver problems, you should start treatment with a total
daily dose of no more than 2 tablets (50 mg).
In elderly patients this initial dose can later be increased to that generally recommended (75 mg) if
Dolmen has been well tolerated.
If your pain is intense and you need quicker relief, take the tablets on an empty stomach (at least 30
minutes before food) because they will be more easily absorbed.
This medicine should not be used in children and adolescents (under age 18)
Storage. Do not store at a temperature higher than 25°C/77°F. Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date which is stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not take Dolmen
– If you are allergic to dexketoprofen or any of the other ingredients of this medicine;
– If you are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid or to other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines;
– If you have asthma or have suffered attacks of asthma, acute allergic rhinitis (a short period of inflamed lining of the nose), nasal polyps (lumps within the nose due to allergy), urticaria (skin rash), angioedema (swollen face, eyes, lips, or tongue, or respiratory distress) or wheezing in the chest after taking acetylsalicylic acid or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines;
– If you have suffered from photoallergic or phototoxic reactions (a particular form of reddening and/or blistering of the skin exposed to sunlight) while taking ketoprofen (a non-steroidal antiinflammatory drug) or fibrates (drugs used to lower the level of fats in the blood);
– If you a peptic ulcer/stomach or bowel bleeding or if you have suffered in the past from stomach or bowel bleeding, ulceration or perforation
– If you have chronic digestive problems (e.g. indigestion, heartburn);
– If you have suffered in the past from stomach or bowel bleeding or perforation, due to previous use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) used for pain;
– If you have bowel disease with chronic inflammation (Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis);
– If you have serious heart failure, moderate or serious kidney problems or serious liver problems;
– If you have a bleeding disorder or a blood clotting disorder;
– If you are severely dehydrated (have lost a lot of body fluids) due to vomiting, diarrhoea or insufficient intake of fluids;
– If you are in the third trimester of pregnancy or breast feeding.
Full Patient Package Insert can be downloaded HERE > Dolmen 25mg dexketoprofen 10 tablets PPI <
The picture is for illustration only. The packaging can be changed by the manufacturer. All packs include English informational leaflet.